Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information provided by you:
- Information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, gender, and country of residence) that you provide by completing the evaluation forms on the Site, including if you register as a User of the Site, subscribe to our newsletter, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information.
- Your log-in and password details in connection with the account sign-in process.
- Limited access to your Facebook profile if you choose to log in through the Facebook login process as detailed below.
- Details of any requests or transactions made by you through the Site
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding the Site or its content.
- Information that you post to the Site in the form of comments or contributions to discussions.
- IP addresses, browser and OS specifications.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- Identify you when you sign-in to your account.
- Enable us to provide you with the services we provide.
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us.
- Present projects to you when you use the Site, which we believe will be of interest.
- Administer your account with us.
- Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Site.
- Analyze the use of the Site and the people visiting to improve our content and services.
- Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
- Provide your contacts (name, email, residential address) to the campaigners you have funded for the purpose of delivery of rewards and any further queries that you may have for your campaigner and vice versa.
- We may disclose information in the aggregate to third parties relating to user behavior in connection with actual or prospective business relationship with those third parties, such as advertisers, investors, content distributors. We may also disclose aggregated user information for the purpose of maintaining & understanding user analytics and behavior on the Site. For example, we may disclose the number of users on the Site, total and average contribution data, nationality of the contributors etc.
Also note the following with reference to your personal information:
- Your personal details (name, email, phone number, residential address, contribution amount) are only provided to campaigner you have chosen to fund and no one else.
- CrowdFunder.co.in does not use your personal details for any purpose other than but not limited to sending you emails and notifications regarding, your contributions and their status, update on the campaigns you have funded, resolve queries that you or the Company may have and sending Company newsletters or emails regarding new campaigns on the Site (you can choose to opt out from receiving this company information).
Uses of your credit/debit card details
The credit and debit card details that you submit while making a contribution on the Site goes through the Safe and Secure transaction process provided by our payment gateway partners, which only include the most trusted payment gateways in India and the USA. Furthermore, you will also be taken through a 3D Secure Verification such as "Verified by Visa" or “Master Card 3D Secure” password protected process to prevent any misuse of your debit/credit cards.
Please note the following regarding your debit/credit card details: Your credit/debit card details (Card numbers, passwords, CVV numbers etc.) are not shared with the Company or the Site or the campaigner. They remain safely with the certified payment gateway.
Uses of your social media/ Facebook login details
The Site or the Company only uses Facebook logins for the purpose of speedy registrations towards creating a User profile on CrowdFunder.co.in. Facebook logins allows the Site to get access to a User's Facebook profile and import data such as profile picture and email address to generate the account as well as show the User's profile picture in case the User makes a contribution to a campaign. The Site or the Company does not publish anything on a User's Facebook profile without the due permissions granted by the User. The Site also gets access to the User’s friend's list, only after the User gives the permission to get access to this list. CrowdFunder.co.in takes utmost care in not trespassing the privacy of a User's social profile on Facebook without due permissions.
The Site allows a contributor to make an "anonymous" contribution to a campaign, even after registering through email or the Facebook login. By choosing to be anonymous, the Site does not publish the contributor's name or image on a campaign's contributor section and also does not provide the contributor's name to the campaigner, except for the phone number and billing/shipping addresses for the purpose of rewards delivery. But if the contributor does not choose to be anonymous, CrowdFunder.co.in has the right to use the information for marketing purposes either on the Site itself or in the media
The contribution amount of a contributor is never reflected individually on the campaign page for the purpose of upholding privacy. The amount is only shared with the Company and the campaigner for the purpose of rewards delivery. The amount also gets added to the total amount raised in a campaign.
The Site contains links to content on other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of any websites whose links appear on the Site or those which link to the Site.
- At a minimum, your IP address, browser and OS specifications are automatically collected by the system to enable the Site to provide the best service to you. No personal or confidential information is collected automatically, i.e., without your consent.
- Cookies: Cookies are used on the Site to maintain your session and its offshoots, including the contribution checkout, thus ensuring that you have a better user experience. No other personal or confidential information is collected without your consent.
- Mailing Lists: You can subscribe to the Site's Newsletter at any time from any page on Site. We send periodic emails that contain website feature updates and new campaigns that in our opinion may be exciting for you. We may send emails to all our users about updates to the Site even if they did not subscribe to the Site's Newsletter. At any point in time you may request to unsubscribe to these emails by emailing info@CrowdFunder.co.in.
- Email address: Your email address and other personally identifiable information are not shared with any third party, except with the campaigner on whose campaign you have contributed to. Because of your relationship with us, you will receive mailings only from the Site and no third parties, except the aforementioned campaign owner. We reserve the right to share aggregate information after disclosing identities on usage patterns and trends with third parties, particularly our partner.
- Account Passwords: Your account is password protected. We use industry standard measures to protect the personal information that is stored in our database. We limit the access to your personal information to those employees and contractors who need access to perform their job function, such as our customer service personnel.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Policy by posting the updated version on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.